First of all, thank you very much for your interest in our events.
As Turkish Press and Publishers Copyright & Licencing Society (“TBYM”
), we attach importance to the privacy and security of your personal data by acting in accordance with the obligations arising from the legislation is also one of our top priorities. In this context, as being the Data Controller, we would like to inform you within the scope of the Personal Data Protection Law No.6698 ("Turkish Personal Data Law
") and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR
”) regarding your personal data processed in relation to the Istanbul Publishing Fellowship event.
What Kind of Personal Data Do We Process and How Do We Collect Your Data?
During the Istanbul Publishing Fellowship event;
- your identity information (name, surname, date of birth), communication information (phone number, e-mail address, work address, office phone, country of residence), personal information (work experience, position, photo) which you can share with us via the application form you filled for participation;
- your transaction security information (your IP address) which are automatically collected through cookies;
- participant transaction information (within the scope of the event your questions and requests that you can submit, your feedback on our activities) and other personal data that you may share during the meeting
will be processed by TBYM.
As you know, our events take place both online and on face-to-face platforms. During the registration phase, you may inform us regarding your choice of online or face-to-face platform.
TBYM currently receives services for video conferences from B2match
”). Besides, face-to-face events are held this year at the Grand Cevahir Hotel and Congress Center in Istanbul.
If you register to meet face to face to our events, your personal data will be processed by TBYM for your participation.
For What Purposes and Legal Reasons Do We Process Your Personal Data?
As known, these events are carried out without pursuing any profit, in order to contribute to the development of today's literature by bringing the publishing industry together and interacting with different cultures. For these purposes, your personal data will be processed only to the extent necessary, within the scope of our "legitimate interest" in accordance with Turkish Personal Data Law Art. 5/2 (f) and GDPR Art. 6/1 (f) regulations in a way that this processing process will not harm your fundamental rights and freedoms and will not have any consequences against you; with the aims of
To Whom and For What Purposes Can We Transfer Your Personal Data?
- Evaluation of your application to participate in the event,
- Being able to answer the questions you may ask us within the scope of the event and to realize the benefits your participants expect from our events,
- Enabling you to use the platform effectively and to communicate with other participants,
- Analyzing your feedback and participation statistics, evaluating the anonymous data obtained as a result of these analyzes for the next events that we may organize for our participants,
- Conducting legal or administrative audits and making necessary assignments for our event in order to ensure the quality, competence, reliability of our events, and their performance in accordance with the law and TBYM policies.
As we noted above, if you follow our events as online via B2match, B2match may process your personal data for their own purposes, may transfer your data to third parties within its policies and these third parties may be out of the territory of Turkey or the European Union borders. Currently, the servers and databases of B2match are located in Austria. All the data you share with B2match, will be directly transferred out of Turkey borders by you
. We do not have control over the data processing purposes of B2match platform and TBYM has no data responsibility for these purposes.
If you do not want your data to be transferred abroad due to the use of these platforms, you may register for face-to-face meetings to be held at the Grand Cevahir Hotel and Congress Center.
On the other hand, to the extent that the practice allows, we prevent participants other than us from recording the meeting. If the participants want to record the meeting separately from us, they must obtain the consent and express consent of other participants and us. Data processing activities that other parties attending the meeting can carry out with or without the permission of the participants, with or without information, are the responsibility of the person (s) in question.
What Are The Measures We Take For The Security Of Your Data?
As TBYM, we make a great effort to take the necessary security measures in both physical and digital environments. Within the scope of our corporate policies regarding access, information security, use, storage and disposal; We organize trainings to raise awareness of our employees on these issues, we implement disciplinary regulations that include data security provisions for employees, we create authorization matrices to determine access authorizations, and we remove the powers of employees who have changed their duties or leave their jobs.
In our digital environments, we use up-to-date software, anti-virus systems and high-quality firewalls, and we prevent unauthorized access through the cyber security measures we take. For personal data transferred by paper, we take extra security measures and if necessary, we store them in a confidential document format.
In addition to all these, if a problem arises regarding personal data security, we report them quickly and take the necessary actions.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
After your application is accepted, we create a registration on our systems on your behalf for the event. If you wish, you can delete this registration created on your behalf in our systems after the event. Unless deleted by you, your information will be kept in our systems for use in the next events. However, if you do not participate in our events for 3 consecutive years, your registered information in our systems will be automatically deleted.
What Are Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data?
According to the law, you also have the following rights:
- To learn whether your personal data is processed, to request information about it,
- To request a copy of your processed personal data,
- Learning the purpose of processing your personal data and whether they are used appropriately for their purpose,
- Knowing the third parties to whom your personal data are transferred
- To request the correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or incorrectly processed, to request that this situation be notified to the third parties to whom your personal data has been transferred, if you exercise this right,
- To request the deletion or destruction of your personal data in case the reasons for processing your personal data disappear, to request that this situation be notified to third parties to whom your personal data is transferred, if you exercise this right,
- Objecting to the result about you by analyzing the information we obtain with automatic systems and requesting compensation in case of damage
As TBYM, our prejudice our rights and obligations arising from the current regulations, you want these rights that you have and we are committed to always use the most appropriate way.
For all your questions and requests regarding your personal data, you can contact us via the information below:
Türkiye Basım Yayın Meslek Birliği / Turkish Press and Publishers Copyright&Licencing Society
Küçük Çamlıca Mah, Şekerkaya Sokak, No: 9/A Üsküdar/İstanbul/Turkey
Tel:+90 216 327 0773
Kep address: email@example.com